MTK – Muay Thai Kickboxing
Muay Thai is known as the “The Art of Eight Limbs” as the hands, shins, elbows, and knees are all used extensively in this art. It is an aggressive contact sport that in addition to its stand-up striking focus also involves various clinching techniques.
Dive into the historic world of Muay Thai Kickboxing with Academy of Self Defense’s Muay Thai Kickboxing Classes. Our Muay Thai Kickboxing technique classes make such a good workout due to Muay Thai’s conditioning exercises that focus on a whole body workout including abdominal exercises, leg movements, and calisthenics. These Muay Thai Kickboxing classes are a great cardiovascular workout that will leave you physically engaged.
REQUIRED MEMBERSHIP TO ATTEND CLASS:
- Two Week Trial
- Muay Thai Kickboxing Membership ($99 USD per month)
- Unlimited Membership ($119 USD per month)
- Drop-In Fee ($10-20 USD)
- Boxing Gloves (16 oz for males, 12-14 oz for females)
- Striking Shinguards
- Jump Rope
- Knee/Elbow Pads (Suggested)
*If you don’t have gear, you can purchase it from us, or you can rent gear from us ($5 USD per gear)
CLASS RULES AND ETIQUETTE:
- Class will start promptly, please arrive early enough to check-in at the front desk. You can come into class 15 minutes late, however, if you do, please approach the instructor immediately.
- If for any reason you need to leave class, please notify instructor before you leave the training floor.
- If you have any existing injuries or concerns, please bring it up with the instructor immediately.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RULES:
If any potential participant answers “yes” to any of the following questions, they are NOT ALLOWED to train at the facility, and must contact their healthcare provider:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 13 days?
- Have you come into close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Do you feel or have you recently felt feverish?
- Do you have or have you recently had any other COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tiredness, chills, headaches, muscle/body aches, confusion, or new loss of taste/smell?